Reenactments of The Passion of the Christ are a well known phenomenon in The Philippines, but the Cutud Lenten Rites Festival takes things to a whole new level with the penitents not only flagellating themselves, but finishing off with a full on crucifixion. This is the most sought after and popular event in the whole of The Philippines during Easter, and an extremely memorable experience.
The day starts with us leaving Angeles City at 5 am to get to the festivities which culminate at 3 pm the crucification and aftermath followed by our return to Angeles City.
- $95 (Manila)
- $79 (Angeles)
Friday 14th April
- 5 am assembly point at Swagman Hotel, Ermita, Manila
- 30 am assembly point at Angeles Beach Club Hotel, Angeles City
- On arrival we head straight out for the Cutud Lenten Rites festival, one of the biggest and most spectacular festivals in the Philippines. We follow all the action as the participants have the crosses nailed to them and head up the hill in their full glory until their 3 pm Crucifixion.
- Picnic lunch
- Following the end of proceedings we head into San Fernando for a city tour before returning to Angeles Beach Club Assembly Point.
- For those wishing additional hotel bookings, or transportation we can arrange
Price inclusive of:
- Round trip transportation via chartered air-conditioned vehicle
- Group donation
- Personal ID
- Packed lunch
- Bilingual local guide
Price exclusive of:
- Getting to meeting point
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities